Welcoming a child into the world means a lot of changes. Some are big, some are small, some are exciting, and others are scary.
You don’t have to prepare for parenting alone. We can help you become the best parent you can be.
Many people who want to parent have questions or concerns about single parenting, continuing their education or career, financial stability, medical care, and other topics. We will be happy to help you.
Do I Have What It Takes to Be A Parent?
As you think about parenting, you likely have a good idea of the commitment required. Parenting isn’t a one-time decision you make quickly. It’s a lifelong commitment that brings challenges and joy.
Here are some questions to consider if you haven’t already:
- Do I have support from my partner or parents?
- How will parenting change my job or school?
- Can I financially support a child?
- What resources are available to help me raise my child?
At New Day Women’s Center, we believe a good parent is an educated parent. We offer free parenting education and resources.
Classes include prenatal care, childbirth, newborn care, and parenting.
Earn While You Learn
Participate in our Earn While You Learn Parenting Program and earn credits for each class completed. The credits can be used to “purchase” maternity and baby items like clothes, diapers, wipes, toys, and necessities.
We can also refer you to several community resources. Here are a few to assist you:
- Alabama Family Assistance (FA) Program
- Alabama Food Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Alabama Medicaid
- Alabama ALL Kids
- Alabama Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP)
- Alabama Special Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)
- Alabama Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
Successful Parenting Is Possible
Our goal is to help you become the most successful parent possible. Schedule an appointment to discuss our many opportunities to help you parent.
If you’d like to enroll in our Earn While You Learn Parenting Program, call (205) 759-5433. We’re here to encourage, support, and teach you.